October 1, 2012

minimal exposition: one half million unique visitors


minimal exposition @ minimal exposition

sometime during the summer we passed the one half million viewer mark at minimal exposition.

this isn't a big number in the world of the internet, or even in the world of art blogs. but in the world of minimal exposition, every visitor to the site has come here to see the work of the unbelievably creative artists we have lovingly researched and published in over 1500 posts.

you, the viewers, come from all over the planet at all times of the day, you speak nearly every language and use every type of computer and internet connection to see these posts. you are a quiet bunch, not a lot of commenting, but many of you visit every day, or multiple times per week, or just drop by to see what's happening once in awhile.

our subscribers receive posts via email, facebook, twitter, tumblr, and feedburner subscriptions. the list includes hundreds of professional and amateur artists and art students, gallerists, curators, and museum workers. others get here from links at twitter, facebook, pinterest, tumblr, google+, and a ton of internet image-search engines.

I started this blog in 2009 because there wasn't a place on the internet I could reliably find high quality, large format photos of 'really interesting' contemporary art. three and a half years later, I find the work at minimal exposition continues to engage me, and I love coming here every day to be surprised and delighted by what I see.

my rules for a post are simple: the work must have been created in my lifetime (since 1948), be represented in high quality images over 1000px width, with content that moves me, intrigues me, or has the potential to change my life or perception (when I am sufficiently evolved to appreciate it).

the blog has been re-designed twice since we started. numerous new friends have submitted their work for publication, and some have been posted more than once. you may have noticed that I love to feature the work of emerging and under-exposed artists side by side with giants of the art world...

my deepest thanks to every one of you for visiting, following, and subscribing. please do come back again.

the viewer

timeline:

first post
3.23.2009

first facebook post
10.1.10

100,000 unique visitors
11.18.10

200,000 unique visitors
6.5.11

300,000 unique visitors
12.16.11

first tumblr post(s)
5.4.12

500,000 unique visitors
8.15.2012







2 comments:

Susanne said...

I think it's great
minimal exposition is the best art blog

congratulations and thanks

the viewer said...

why THANK YOU Susanne!