April 18, 2012

paul barlow: hi visibility - 2012


diamond grade I


fluorescent signs warning us to be cautious, highly visible road workers, indicators of safety, road signs and markings telling you to stay in lane and which way to go subconsciously work their way into my work. i’m drawn to the high intensity of these colours, the colours that we encounter every day that are just outside our peripheral vision in order to alert and catch our attention.


arrangement II





construction II





electric blue II





hi his III





totem I





hi vis III





construction III





construction I





electric blue I





arrangement I


many thanks to paul barlow for providing high resolution images for this post!
all content copyright © paul barlow all rights reserved
materials:
gaffa tape, road marking spray paint, diamond grade reflective tape, gesso, clout nails, pins, wood, high visability paint, electrical tape, metal paint, fluorescent paint, heat resistant tape, nails, high visability fabric, caution tape.

paul barlow lives, works, and studies in sheffield, england

website: paul-barlow.com








1 comments:

Susanne said...

great colors and compositions