November 18, 2009

andy goldsworthy: faultline



andy goldsworthy's work at the de young at night
© steve rhodes some rights reserved (CC-BY-NC-SA)




andy goldsworthy faultline
© godutchbaby some rights reserved (CC-BY-NC-ND)





andy goldsworthy's work at the de young at night
© steve rhodes some rights reserved (CC-BY-NC-SA)




andy goldsworthy faultline
© godutchbaby some rights reserved (CC-BY-NC-ND)




details via drystonegarden.com:
entrance to the de young museum




appleton greenmoore sandstone pavers




appleton greenmoore sandstone slab




drill scars from quarrying the stone




drawn stone



faultline installation video:
video
video courtesy kqed.org

more andy goldsworthy
more earth art







4 comments:

dutchbaby said...

I am honored to have my photographs featured here in such a beautiful fashion.

oldmetalhead said...

the stripped-down simplicity of his method and the elegant documentation have always impressed me; particularly in the earlier pieces ('I think I'll go for a walk, see what strikes me, create some art from the materials at hand and document it'). I believe that simplicity of intent flows through these grand scale pieces as well (de young, national gallery east wing)...dramatically.

plein air lover said...

I'm not gonna lie: AG has always turned me on. Some old metal head showed me some of his works. It is always inspiring to see his work- inspires me to make something.

oldmetalhead said...

what a wonderful tribute to an artist: 'he inspires me to make something'. i believe that is true for so many of us RE: andy goldsworthy. keep making...